HAS established promote direct contact with the community for effective implementation and feedback of the community development and women empowerment programs. Indeed, HSA, proved the efficiency by vigorous participation in all social affairs in Nangarhar province. HSA is the active member of the Civil Societies Unity Council (CSUC) coordinating body of Nangrahar civil societies working as pressure group under one umbrella for rule of law, accesses to justice and good governance.
HSA a nongovernmental, non profitable Association established in august, 2009 working for the welfare of the underdeveloped community for human rights especially women and illiterate people. The HSA has helps a lot of helpless people and desire to do much more for human right, access to justice, rule of law, peace and prosperity.
Our priority is to promote democratic governance, empower civil society through sharing and developing local practices, concepts, strengthening civil society actors, freedom of speech, social development, economical growth by transforming and intensification the eastern zone independent private media sector.
Media is considered as fourth power in the world which directly guides and leads the community; therefore Shaiq Network, co-partner of HAS, struggle in an Islamic and cultural Afghan community maintain environmental challenges and thoughts in mind for bringing prosperity through various live and recorded programs based on reality such as (Voice of people, today’s talk, your opinion, I am young, the light of truth, living legends, health and education etc) to aware the community and keep the individual rights without discrimination.
In a country like Afghanistan which had warfare and continual disasters for decades in which media was too difficult to run safely as all the matters based on doubt that eliminate confidence in the territory, but we have actively worked for the betterment of our community with great patience, intention and confidence. Since media is the most important and effective tools for disseminating and awareness therefore HSA aims to support civil society development by civil activists through open media discussions support and to accustom social justice without any hindrance with full coordination and logistic support from Shaiq Network in which HSA provides them round table meetings increase their stand, enhance their participation and to strengthen their role in the community leadership through efforts by the support of the community solidarity and harmony to bring autonomous government. Such media programs directly encourage all community members to keep in mind ground realities and to take balanced advantage of the resources openly then social economy definitely grows. In addition, various gender inequality and consequences are being discussed in the roundtable meetings for the purpose of elimination of injustice and to empower rule of law.
Undertaken activities of Heela Social Association (HSA):
- Established carpet weaving center in Dar-e-Noor district in which 200 women learned.
- HSA provided facility for young girls to learn technical tools of radio broadcasting and journalism related tasks through Nargis Radio and provided them different round table meetings for woman right.
- Arranged meetings for coordinating businesswomen to establish Women Business Associations with full cooperation from Women affairs department.
- Distribution of blankets and jackets for helpless children and youngster in Dari-Noor District.
- Distribution of house wares and sustenance to destitute widows and orphans.
- A social campaign for environmental protection by the name of “green wave” is active from 2010-continue in ten girls’ high schools, Nangarhar province. For this campaign spots for environmental protection broadcasts through Nargis Radio. Plants were planted/ being plant in different schools.
- HSA is also helping helpless families by interviewing every week through a program (help to hopeless) air by Sharq TV. Many Traders provide money and sustenance to those families identified/identify by this program.
- Made ready four small football grounds for kids in Kabul and Jalalabad.
- Run on project:
Research in promotion of services for a Call Center project under GATEWAY program with partnership from STATT for supporting female and children regarding their violence
HSA Vision, Mission
All men and women to participate in socio-economic development and exercise confidently by efforts and to create social capital that positively impacts on their lives through communication rights and to fight against all natures of violence and generate prosperous environment for their activities.
Strengthen men and women movements for social change through the strategic use of information & communication tools, direct participation in community activities and advocacy promotes access, the right to information, resources and freedom of expression.
Goals & objective:
To motivate women join social and cultural events through media and traditional campaign.
- To identify the most important problems of the community especially women with the help of community root base membership in eastern Afghanistan and find a way for their solution.
- To empower women through educational and awareness programs
- To eliminate all types of violence and bad cultural practices in the community
- Delivering support to mothers, children and destitute.